Saturday, January 8, 2011

Run Run Run

Alright!  First full week of 2011 and its been mediocre at best.  I can't complain though because at this time last year, I was still dealing with Mom's diagnosis for breast cancer and hoping that we could still go on our cruise.  Well, this year she is doing well and I'm sitting in the warmth of my house getting ready for tonight's festivities and the year.  Earlier this afternoon I met with my friend Matt and he is going to help me train for a 5k.  I'm a bit nervous because I know that I started out so strong with the couch to 5k program and then just stopped.  No good reason either for stopping so suddenly.  However, I told him the whole story about my weight loss journey and my desire to really push for reaching my 5k goal.  My ultimate goal is to run a marathon by the time I'm 30 and that is a real distant dream.  He is emphasizing cross training and increasing my regime to working out 6 days a week for short amount of times.  Due to my flat feet, we had to start small and then work our way up.  I'm excited.  Plus, now I have a semi-couch that is going to push me!  Especially since he agreed to run with me in my first race!  Goodness!  What have I done?!

However, the best thing in the world is that he said he was really impressed with how serious I am about my plans.  I guess that I haven't really talked about my journey or my plans out loud that much so it surprised me when I got verbal approval.  I'm encouraged and determined.  Let's get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment