Sunday, January 2, 2011

Why hello, 2011.

Happy New Year!  Last year at this time, I was just getting back to my apartment from a busy Christmas break.  The year 2010 was looking promising:  late winter cruise, summer wedding in Wyoming, fall wedding in Baltimore, and many other exciting impromptu adventures.  The icing on the cake was buying my house.  I look back on 2010 and think that its been an incredible ride.

The difference between 2010 and 2011 is that I had plans last year that stemmed from preplanning in 2009.  This year, I haven't done any planning.  I feel like I'm flying by the seat [seam?] of my pants and I have on yoga pants.  Those pants are not meant to fly.  Am I too late to get my act together and make some goals.  My heart and mind say yes.  No real resolutions or goals for me this year but I do have to admit that it has come to my attention that I need to care less.  Perhaps care less is not the best term to use.  As Sarah pointed out, I need to choose who I care about.  Lately I have been giving out care bear hugs like candy and I need to chill out.  I'm working on it.

Anyway!  I have a weigh in on Thursday!  I flew back up to 223.0lbs three weeks ago before the holiday break.  I'm starting up the couch to 5k program again and focusing on the new points program.  After February, I'm going to stop paying for my failure [hiatus from paid WW] and focus on get my mind in the right place.  I know that I'm the only person standing in the way of my progress.  I have to get my mojo back.  Losing 6lbs is alright.  I want to be great.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm starting up the couch to 5k program again and focusing on the new points program. After February, I'm going to stop paying for my failure [hiatus from paid WW] and focus on get my mind in the right place."

    sounds like you have plans for 2011 afterall. give yourself some credit and some wiggle room, Missy. it's never too late to make life plans. like my status said, "don't make New Year's resolutions. Make New Day's resolutions..."

    ReplyDelete