Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hello!  It's been six days and a lot (lie) has happened!  Since last Thursday was a dark day, I weighed myself at the wellness center and came up a whopping 222.6lbs.  That's the same old plateau that I've been hanging around for the past several weeks so I decided to pick up my activities.  I drove after work Thursday to Charlotte and the weekend was pretty normal.  However, I did run into Mr. Teacher at the local elementary school.  He said, "How are you?" three times in a row and then ended our brief encounter with a pat on the shoulder.  I felt like an idiot.  Anyway!  In order to step up my activity, I volunteered to walk Trooper on Saturday and Sunday.  I was so motivated to pick up the pace that I actually ran.  I RAN!  Can you believe that!?  I haven't done that in years and I felt amazing.  No squeezing lung feeling or gumby legs.  I ran and felt motivated so I have decided to keep it up for the next week and see if I can break through this plateau.  Plus, I walked for 1.5 miles before I decided to run 1/10 of a mile so I need to improve the distance.  With that run, I listened to "Strip Me" by Natasha Bedingfield:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkdDbeM7RnU&ob=av2e

Absolutely love this song and for some reason it makes me want to cry.  Plus, in church on Sunday the message was to PRESS ON.  No matter what happens in your life, you must press on because it will only make you stronger.  I've been taking that word to heart everyday this week.  So, hopefully this weigh in on Thursday will be a little bit better this week but no matter the outcome, I have to keep moving forward.  Press on, suckas!

2 comments:

  1. i know you are just trying to get me to listen to Natasha Beddingwhatever in the hopes that i may like her this time around, but not a chance. she is lame.

    way to mix it up with the workouts! that's the best way to get over a plateau... trying some other type of exercise to keep the body guessing. also, what helps with running is to do intervals. run for a minute, walk for two and alternate for a couple of miles. then, after a week, you run for two minutes and walk for two. then, after another week, run for two minutes and walk for one. keep going until you no longer need to walk. it's how Coach Cathy got me trained for tennis. after a month, i could run for two miles without stopping. i still hated running, but it worked.

    i feel you on the future husband homefront. i need to start dating again. and Facebook hates me. today, i log on to find two of my sorority sisters are "in a relationship". this is one day after another soror announced her engagement, via Facebook. maybe that means my turn is coming. and if my turn comes, yours is right around the corner. this may all be bull, but at least it keeps you positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your turn is definitely coming. I'm 100% positive it is going to happen in the future. The positive is all we have at this point so let's not ruin it with pity and self-doubt. That puff is too sexy for that. I think for us, its going to smack us in the face and then we will think back on all the good times we had as single ladies. No matter what, I'm really happy I have you as a friend. Penis.

    ReplyDelete