Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lazy Sunday

I feel like my feet are stuck in cement.  I walked around my neighborhood and could barely breathe by the time I got back to the house.  It was a good 30 minute walk at a brisk pace so I just have to stay focused on improving my breathing.  Which is hilarious since its cotton harvest season and I can barely breathe sitting on the couch.  Ah, the joys of living next to a giant cotton field.

I hope your weekend went well.  Mine was a disaster.  I went to dinner Friday night and ate tapas to the point that my stomach ached.  Saturday, I had lunch with a friend at Popeye's followed by frozen yogurt.  Sunday, lunch at McDonald's.  Complete frustration knowing that I'm sabotaging myself.  Not good for my pursuit of happiness.

I had two big moments this weekend as well.  While out on the town this weekend, my roommate Mindy pointed out to me that, "You can't find someone by sitting in the corner!"  It's true.  Mom felt the need to remind me that, "You don't need to settle for foolishness."  Thanks Mom.  I've been sitting around and thinking about those two moments of truth while watching Hitch.  Today is just a random lazy Sunday...

1 comment:

  1. on Sunday i went to a dinner even though i didn't know most of the people, i was dog tired, and generally didn't feel like going. i had sooo much fun. so, stop eating Popeyes (ick) and Hitch is really yesterday. take a walk around a plaza while sipping a latte... you never know what will happen. if nothing else, you've taken a long walk.

    ReplyDelete